Monday, August 1, 2011

A Modern Reflection of the Past: Allison Parris























I love when designers look back to the past, specially their own family and draw inspiration from it to create such beautiful work. As designer Allison Parris draws from her grandmother as inspiration for her F/W11 presentation one can't help feel a sense of nostalgia in her work, I do love her modern take on the 4o's era. I also learned that Parris is one of a hand full of designers using eco-friendly, eco-conscious materials and I do applaud her, considering that its so much easier to use regular materials and not care! Parris, (after speaking to her and her PR) takes the extra step by using recycled and organic materials in her clothing- I fell in LOVE! I love the wrap skirts with the corseted waistline, the fringe beaded tops, and the cropped wool jacket. Many of the pieces either had a raw organic silk base or recycled netting and natural feather trims. Definitely one to watch, I am excited to see what's next for this budding young designer, and can more experienced well established designers follow in Allison Parris's footsteps and work towards making clothes more eco-conscious??

No comments:

Post a Comment