Saturday, January 7, 2012

VLOV by Qing Qing Wu S/S 2012: Chic Minimalism



Debuting his collection in New York Fashion Week was a well planned risk for Chinese designer Qing Qing Wu and his label VLOV. Before I go into the clothes I do have to mention the amazing treatment I received from the VLOV company especially from their CFO. As I scurried to try and get an invite for the show I was sure to get a decline response considering it was 2 days prior to the actual date that I got in contact with VLOV for an RSVP, but to my surprise the CFO of the company contacted me personally and he made sure I can get an invite even though the list was closed. So for that I am fashionably in his debt.
I am pleasantly surprised that VLOV took fashion out of the proverbial box and put a unique spin on classic men's pieces like the one button and the double breasted suits, and used lightweight fabrics that still held a structured silhouette like commonly used textiles for men's suits. Below is one of my favorite pieces of the collection. The lightweight material lends a spring/summer feel to the slim low cut suit paired with shorts; with an oversized lapel and hidden button the piece is clean yet chic. In summation: lightweight fabrics, amazing tailoring, and cool modern design all fit a great fashionable puzzle.












No comments:

Post a Comment