Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Dolce and Gabbana Bitch! Men's F/W 2012



One of my favorite designer, Dolce and Gabbana, references early 20th century and the Victorian Era fashion with a modern twist of sexy and luxury for its F/W 2012 menswear show. Fur lined trench coats, chunky knit wool suits, and gilded brocade ensembles with complementing footwear came down the runway in one of the best conceptualized fashion story. The tailoring was impeccable and the detail on each piece gave each one a vintage feel, yet so luxuriously modern. From the capes, to jackets, and unbelivable velvet pieces- the collections screams of opulence.
My favorite was the finale look: a gray velvet jacket with intricate brocade detailing and fringe accents on the upper arms. Another ensemble I find so luxurious but easily wearable from the runway to the streets is the gray chunky knit suit with the belted jacket. If I could I would certainly take home every piece of the collection, and can't wait for the day when I can personally sit in the show during Men's Fashion Week in Milan, but for now the dream certainly continues...










No comments:

Post a Comment