Thursday, February 2, 2012

Jean Paul Gaultier F/W 2012: Hit the Wall!









Literally, Jean Paul Gaultier has 'Hit the Wall', a fashion brick wall for his menswear F/W 2012 collection. With brick wall prints on tops, bottoms, and jackets it's a wall of fashion bricks going down the runway.
I must admit that this is definitely not my favorite Jean Paul Gaultier runway only because I don't see the story or a cohesive thought that brings all the clothes into one picture, but certain pieces of the collection I simply crave.
Pictured above, the fur lined sleeveless jacket paired with a two-button black blazer is a must have piece any fashionista needs in his fashion repertoire. I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see the appeal in the brick print pieces, yet I must admit it is buzz worthy in the fashion world and in true form characteristic of Jean Paul Gaultier.
My other favorite of the collection is the camel wool trench jacket with the leather cuff detail on the sleeves and fox fur collar. Amazing oversized lapel detail and leather trims simply makes this jacket stand above the crowd, it's luxurious yet street edgy- a perfect marriage of opposites.
Whether one loves this Jean Paul Gaultier collection or feel a bit in different about it, like everything in the fashion world it is up to one's interpretation that makes a collection interesting- in fashion you are nothing if no one talks about you, and in this case since this collection is up to debate it is EVERYTHING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment